Are you a former logistics veteran looking for a career in protecting high-value assets? This position might just be the career you have been waiting for. Medical cannabis, products intended to help patients such as Veterans with PTSD, require transport between the manufacturer and dispensing point. We are looking for the best of the best, with extra consideration for those soldiers of valor.
The Transportation Agent is responsible for safely driving and controlling the company’s armored vehicles to and from its facilities. The Transportation Agent will operate the secured transportation vehicle and oversee the transport of cannabis, products, cash, and valuables between the company’s facilities. The Transportation Agent will work to ensure that every stop runs with precision and professionalism. This position requires the enforcement of rules to protect the shipment of cannabis, products, and cash as well as the safety of personnel involved in the transportation, shipment, and receiving of high value assets.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Maintain the safety, security and control of the armored vehicle and partner at all times
- Guard the armored vehicle during the actual delivery or pick up of valuables at the receiving party’s location
- Maintain radio communication with the production facility
- Load and unload the secured vehicle
- Report all faults experienced during the day’s activity
- Complete appropriate driving route documentation
- Ensure overall cleanliness of the vehicle’s interior
- Operate the vehicle with proactive safe driving that protects the transportation team and the community
- Process cash and properly record transportation information into tracking system
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six months of related experience and/or training
- Veteran preferred
- Alabama residency required
- Must be 21 years old and able to pass a criminal background check, clean driving record & pass a drug test
- CDL strongly preferred
- You shall not have received a criminal conviction within the last eight years for:
- Any indictable offense.
- any offense involving stolen property or vehicles, fraud relating to any business the driver has owned in whole or part or in which the driver has been employed, stolen property, or other offense of similar nature.
- operation of a motor vehicle while under the influence of a controlled substance, or offense of similar nature.
- any offense involving possession, distribution or trafficking in, any illegal substance.
- Must be able to produce a list of any motor vehicle citations, fines or violations received by its drivers, identified to each individual, in the last three years.
- Familiarity with computer and mobile routing software and mapping programs to navigate and complete deliveries.
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Valid Driver’s License with excellent, clean, driving record
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)