Therapeutic Health Choices, LLC (THC) is a cannabis safety testing laboratory. It provides analytical chemistry and microbiology testing services for cannabis cultivators and processors as mandated by the state of Michigan. THC is a small, privately held company that provides access to a healthcare and 401(k) plan. It offers an exceptional work environment and long-term growth opportunities in an expanding market. If you work smart, play hard, and want to use your technical skills in a rapidly expanding laboratory sector, we’d love to hear from you!
- Oversees day to day operations by managing multiple analytical projects related to the development, qualification and/or troubleshooting of sensitive, efficient, and reliable assays for a wide class of molecules simultaneously.
- Prepares, reviews, and edits method transfer, qualification, and validation protocols, analytical technical reports, and regulatory documentation.
- Ensures test results are accurate and valid.
- Maintains equipment and instruments in good operating condition recognize any malfunctions and troubleshoot as needed.
- Completes routine preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on instruments and equipment.
- Provides technical expertise and advises project representatives/teams on topics pertaining to assay analysis and development. Often presents findings and/or results to client senior management.
- Provides technical guidance to others in resolving challenging issues relating to analytical methods.
- Validate reporting requirements in the statewide monitoring system.
- Performs other tasks as specified by the manager/director and/or duties required and published by regulatory agencies.
- May act in the capacity of a Cannabis Laboratory Testing Analyst.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agency requirements (MRA, LARA, ISO, etc.) through documentation, audits, and corrective action.
- Participate in the development of new SOPs, validations new tests
- Performs quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
- Participates in the updating of departmental standard operating procedures and database to accurately reflect the current practices.
- Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of the methods employed in the laboratory.
- Ensure employment of personnel who are competent to perform test procedures, and report test results promptly, accurately, and proficiently.
- Experience in cannabis safety testing is not necessary but highly desirable.
- Thorough understanding of analytical technology, method development, method qualification/validation, and regulatory analytical requirements.
- Laboratory experience performing method development, qualification, and validation activities.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Regulatory experience preferred.
- Proven ability to successfully work in a team environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
Competencies (“soft skills”, traits, behaviors):
- Leadership, self-motivated, shows initiative, results oriented, creative thinker, detail oriented, focused on continuous development, effective time-management skills.
- PhD or MS in analytical chemistry or related discipline with previous cannabis safety testing experience.
- PhD in analytical chemistry or related discipline, with 2+ years relevant experience
- MS in analytical chemistry or related discipline, with 3+ years relevant experience
Job Type: Full-time
Language: English (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)