Do you love people? Are you the type that can cold call someone and “fake it to you make it”? Are you an Apple user that is considered a technology superuser? We might have a public relations position for you. Quantum 9 is hiring a public relations coordinator to assist in our goal to become the most recognized cannabis consultants in the world. The ideal resource loves public speaking, reading (finished 10-13 books a year), and crushes all assignments using Google Drive technologies including Sheets, Docs, and Drive. If you don’t know the difference between passive and active voice, ununiformed tensing and third person, then this job is NOT for you.
Primary Job Description
Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to get Quantum 9’s CEO, Michael Mayes, media appearances. No media appearance too small. You will get a FAT bonus if you are able to get a CNN appearance. Once you have successfully gained a media appearance the ideal resource will have the WordPress skills to update the Quantum 9 website. Here
Secondary Job Description
During down times you will be asked to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to State or Federal governments to obtain cannabis permit(s) to cultivation, manufacture and dispense cannabis. You will also be tasked at creating content for the Quantum 9 Blog.
- LMA: Leadership Management and Accountability
- Setting up metrics for success
- Number of Media Appearances: Monthly
- New Contacts into Zoho: Monthly
- Setting up metrics for success
- Bachelor’s degrees in marketing, communications, public relations or journalism.
- Experience with writing and creating media kits
- Experience with posting blogs on WordPress
- Experience with pitching ideas and article topics to reporters and editors
- Campaign Creation
- Create campaigns to pitch media resources
- Social media campaigns
- Example: “Impaired driving and cannabis”
- Business Development
- Cold call experience in speaking to reporters pitching story ideas;
- Research reporters that are writing cannabis articles in a new market; and
- Add media contact information into Zoho.
- Call first to ask if they need subject matter experts to aid in the understanding of how programs are created;
- The goal is to send the Quantum 9 Media Kit; and
- Then get media appearances.
Skills and Requirements
- Zoho CRM;
- Fiverr/ Upwork;
About Quantum 9
Quantum 9, Inc. is a Chicago, IL-based cannabis consulting firm. We specialize in getting high net worth individuals and private equity cannabis business licenses to cultivate, manufacture and dispense cannabis. We have over 50 cannabis consultants that work for the company, and we have practiced in 12 countries. Our areas of expertise include permit acquisition, team building, employee training planning, and process planning. We help clients fully maximize the potential of any cannabis cultivation, processing, and dispensary business.
We were awarded a silver golden bridge award in 2017 and the number one international cannabis consulting firm in the United States from Corporate Visions Magazine in 2016. Our company received the 2015 CannAwards for technology excellence. Our group includes some of the most talented cannabis consultants in the world including award-winning cannabis cultivators, scientists, and business owners. Our team holds advanced degrees in medicine, business, agriculture, horticulture, and plant sciences. Our staff can make any application submission for licensing stronger.
ABOUT THE JOB
Skills and Requirements: Zoho CRM; Photoshop; Illustrator; InDesign; WordPress; Hootsuite; and Fiverr/ Upwork.