Human Resources Director
The Human Resources Director will collaborate with executives, managers, and staff members throughout the cannabis operations on general human resources topics.
The HRD will be primarily responsible for providing HR support to a cannabis-based organization with regards to all aspects of HR including policy interpretation; performance management; investigations; HR reporting; rewards and recognition; compensation; employment law, training and development; and succession planning.
The HRD will also be responsible for coordinating strategic HR initiatives such as onboarding and new hire orientation, talent acquisition, and employee and labor relations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide coaching and advice to management on effective ways to administer HR programs and manage employee issues.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits.
- Actively participates in the staffing and selection process.
- Owns onboarding process, equipment/services ordering, network/system access, scheduling and conducting new hire orientation, HRIS Workday entry, including compensation changes.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions.
- Point of contact for benefit inquiries and may participate in annual open enrollment.
- Assist in implementing programs and policies to ensure EEO/AAP legal compliance.
- Leverages strong relationships across the HR function, sharing best practices.
- Provides support to the organization on development programs such as mentor programs, career pathing, etc.
- May be responsible for Kronos workforce timekeeping and attendance.
- Assists managers in the management of worker’s compensation process and other initiatives.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of state and federal employment law
- Effective and deliberate communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to effectively multi-task with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work closely with management and leadership teams
- Ability to develop strong consulting relationships and influence business leaders through coaching and partnership
- Highly motivated, energetic, hands-on
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree preferred
ABOUT THE JOB