Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
The Diversity Director is responsible for guiding efforts to conceptualize, define, assess, nurture, and cultivate diversity as an institutional and educational resource. Duties include affirmative action/equal employment opportunity regarding the constituent needs of minorities, women, and other bounded social identity groups. The Diversity Director works to create an inclusive environment for employees through recruitment efforts, training sessions and activity planning. The DD head up the organization’s efforts to ensure that employees have a comfortable place to work and learn, regardless of their race, gender, age, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, or disability.
The Diversity Director is responsible for providing the state with annual diversity reports required by law.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Experience with public speaking;
- Media training preferred;
- Ensures that an organization complies with affirmative action or equal employment opportunity regulations;
- Building collaborative relationships;
- Responsible for diversity training and leadership development;
- Responsible for identifying areas where our organization is lacking in multiculturalism or minority support;
- Responsible for developing and incorporating inclusion initiatives, such as organization-wide diversity training and multicultural events; and
- Responsible for creating strategies to recruit a diverse workforce including job posting updating and recruitment for minority candidates.
- Oversees the investigation of discrimination complaints involving staff
- Master’s degree in human resource management, Juris Doctor, or other advanced degree
- 10 Years executive experience
The DD has a background in higher education and has published works on diversity and inclusion in corporate America. The DD has excellent judgment and a record of effectiveness in dealing with conflict resolution and committed to an inclusive community that maximizes the benefits of a multicultural perspective, and will be results-oriented.
ABOUT THE JOB