We are seeking a Dispensary Manager in New York to manage the operations of our proposed adult-use cannabis retail business. You will have the opportunity to get involved with our start-up from the ground up.
We are a new company applying for an adult-use cannabis dispensary license in New York. You will serve as our Dispensary Manager if we are awarded a license.
We support social equity and giving back to communities and individuals negatively impacted by the prohibition of cannabis.
For this reason, we will give a strong preference to New York residents who:
- Were convicted of a marihuana-related offense (under Article 221 or Section 240.36 of the penal law) in New York State prior to March 31, 2021;
- Had a parent, legal guardian, child, spouse, or dependent who was convicted of a marihuana-related offense in New York State prior to March 31, 2021; or
- Was a dependent of an individual who was convicted of a marijuana-related offense in New York State prior to March 31, 2021.
If you meet the criteria above, are passionate about cannabis, and a have relevant experience, please submit your information and resume below!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Develops the store management team to deliver quality customer experiences and effective operations plans.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by motivating and supporting the store management team to develop and implement plans that meet objectives.
- Manages with integrity and honesty.
- Plans, identifies, communicates and delegates responsibilities to the store management team to ensure a smooth flow of operations within the company.
- Reviews store environments and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement.
- Creates implementation plans to achieve both operational efficiency and optimal results. Follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans.
- Monitors and manages management staffing levels. Ensures management-level partner development and talent acquisition in order to achieve and maintain district operational requirements.
- Solicits feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the community.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in district performance.
- Provide managers with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities on building effective teams.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree required (or commensurate experience).
- Demonstrated passion to serving the cannabis community.
- Proven ability to manage teams effectively
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Understanding of accounting principles and ability to interpret financial data.
- Marijuana product knowledge highly desirable
- Retail experience
- Experience in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Supervisory and team-building skills
- Ability to pass all required background checks to work with cannabis
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Working knowledge of business processes and system development