A Cannabis Gardener Level I oversees and manages personnel to perform all the tasks necessary to grow various strains of quality medical marijuana in a large-scale indoor cultivation facility. Perform all the tasks in the cultivation facility including; cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, waste disposal, and inventory management for a large commercial facility. Gardeners work in close collaboration with the engineering team on the implementation of first-class systems to maintain proper temperature and humidity controls for a healthy environment that eliminates the risk of mold, powdery mildew, etc.
The Cannabis Gardener Level I position requires a minimum of 5 years cultivation experience and at least two years in both a commercial operation and supervisory role to understand the day-to-day requirements of the job. Expertise in the medical cannabis industry is highly desirable but not required. Must be 21 years old and pass a criminal background check. Must provide professional references and be willing to relocate and reside in Illinois.
How to Apply
For consideration, please click the “apply now” button to upload a resume, cover letter and fill out necessary personal information.
Job Categories: Manufacturing/ Distribution
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: Apply for Salary Details. Salary commensurate with the education level completed, professional experience, and demonstrated knowledge.
- Manage a large-scale warehouse with a crew of 10 employees
- Develop and/or maintain grow warehouse protocols and nutrient regiment
- Give individual plants tailored attention based on need
- Manage plant scheduling to project all garden needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly schedule to keep the garden green and expenses low.
- Catalogue and analyze strains and individual plants from clone to harvest
- Clone and manage vegetation with a minimum 90% success rate
- Execute preventative maintenance to eliminate mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Mastery of Ebb & Flow, DWC and Aeroponics growing methods, including an in-depth knowledge of PH; PPM and EC counts.
- Mastery of soil growing methods including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria and nutrient implementation.
- Working knowledge of container systems using soil and hydro.
- Expert knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as treatments.
- Research techniques to expand knowledge of individual strains, high-yield recipes, controlled stress environments, different lighting systems and set ups.
- Comprehensive knowledge of strains and a mastery of medicinal implementation and administration.
- Assist state and local government auditors and law enforcement with inventory, sales and compliance audits.
- Facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary.
- 5 or more years of growing experience.
- At least 2 years of commercial growing experience
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Knowledge of nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, airflow, etc.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects, fungi, and plant treatment options.
- Physical aptitude and health to perform manual labor tasks required for the management of the facility.
- Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics.
- Ability to provide grow resume, pictures and portfolio at interview.
- Extensive knowledge of organic cultivation methods.
- Horticulturist preferred but not required
- Unblemished Background
- Ability to present a professional image to state regulators