The ideal candidate has a well-defined design process with 8-10 years of experience with a focus on large-scale commercial projects, as well as tenacity for short and long-term project assignments, team management and leadership. Successful candidates must be rigorous, innovative, articulate, self-disciplined, and confident in a demanding and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate can manage and assist with work on all phases of architectural projects including design development, preparation of construction drawings and specifications, design review, and implementation of construction drawings. This includes scheduling, interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating design for one or more complex projects.
Qualified architects hold a professional degree in architecture from one of the 117 schools of architecture that have degree programs accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB), 3 years of training, and certification by the National Council of Architectural Registration Board. Experience in medical cannabis industry highly desirable, but not required. Must be 21 years old and pass criminal background check.
How to Apply
For consideration, please click the “apply now” button to upload a resume, cover letter and fill out necessary personal information.
Job Categories: Dispensaries / Cultivation Centers
Job Types: Full-Time.
Salary: Apply for Salary Details
- Must be willing to work in a design team environment, including directing and mentoring the work of junior architects and designers, delegating work as required, as well as managing the local team.
- Design tasks include Conceptual Studies, Program Requirements, Design Analyses, Calculations, Specification writing, and Cultivation Facility designs.
- Ensures internal communication and coordination of design efforts.
- Coordinates activities required to complete design efforts and QA processes.
- Interface with the design and implementation engineers and architects so that any problems arising during design or implementation can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental design concepts, user needs and constraints.
- Ensure the accuracy of the package, scheduling deadline and budget maintenance.
- Meet with clients to prepare and/or validate proposed scope of work.
- Prepare fee proposals for Architectural design work.
- Seven (7) years minimum experience working in a professional architecture/engineering environment.
- Four (4) years minimum experience as a Registered Architect
- Professional Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture
- NCARB Certificate holder
- LEED Accredited Professional preferred
- Experience in all phases of design, with track record of completed, successful projects
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, 3D modeling programs (Sketch Up preferred) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Skilled in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of how cultivation facilities and dispensaries are designed.
- Ability to communicate ideas visually to clients.
- Visual orientation and the ability to understand spatial relationships.
- Creativity and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Computer skills required for writing specifications include 2-dimensional and 3- dimensional drafting using CADD programs.
- Budget analysis
- Strong creativity and design vocabulary
- Ability to lead an energetic, fast-paced, creative process to develop innovative design solutions
- Well-rounded experience in architecture with a focus on design from programming to material selection and detailing to contribute from schematic design through the construction document phase